Straight to the point, I’d like to accomplish a few goals this year and beyond. Those goals changed in scope after I demoted Filler Street from a regular series, but not in spirit.
- Grow the YouTube channel: A pretty obvious one. I’d like to primarily work toward increasing average view counts on each video as well as the number of subscribers to the channel.
- Publish content regularly: My original goal was to publish either weekly or twice per month. But having decided to cut Filler Street’s original plans, that is completely unfeasible now. I do want to publish content regularly still, so maybe once a month? Potentially difficult, but realistic if I’m not constantly working on Filler Street anyway.
- Present content professionally: You’ll notice all my 2019 videos feature my new logo as well as as a new end screen with cards linking to other videos. I’ve also made new custom thumbnails for all videos to improve first impressions. This should hopefully help with the first goal.
- Improve my animation skills: I’ve become more than proficient with editing (as The Dust of Ormiin shows wonderfully), but my actual animation skills have plateaued for a while and need improvement. While my number one focus will always be stories themselves, I’d like to improve their presentation as much as reasonably possible.
- Experiment: Try new animation and editing techniques. Without Filler Street as a regular series, this goal shifts to the shorts I put out this year.
- Have fun: What’s the point if I don’t enjoy every second of this?
I want Starstreak Media’s 2019 to be great for all of you, and for myself as well. As nice as weekly or twice-monthly content would have been, shifting to monthly at most will ensure the best quality I can give all of us.
Director at Starstreak Media