After seven and a half years of development, Knightrise finally stands complete.
Here’s a short development timeline for anyone curious.
- 2009: I wrote the original 45-page screenplay in six days and spent the next year revising it heavily, nearly doubling the length and dramatically improving the quality.
- 2010: Most of the voice lines were obtained from friends generously willing to donate their time and talent.
- 2011-2012: Knightrise entered production and editing after the release of Last Stand early in the year.
- 2013: Parts 1-3 were completed and released.
- 2014: Parts 4 and 5 were completed and released.
- 2015: Parts 6-10 were completed and released.
- 2016: Parts 11 and 12 were completed and released.
- 2017: Part 13 was completed and released, bringing production and editing to a close.
If the timeline doesn’t make this obvious, progress was slooooow. Of course I had the rest of my life to attend to, but devoting more of my free time to Knightrise would have seen the film completed years earlier. Potentially as soon as 2013 or 2014 had I been more diligent.
Importantly, I finished it in the first place. This is huge and I am in debt to everyone who contributed, subscribed, watched, enjoyed, and encouraged me to keep working. Knightrise has been a project almost as long as I’ve had my YouTube channel and it’s wonderful to finally bring it to a close and share the finished product with you all. I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching it near as much as I enjoyed filming it.
Until next time,
I won’t sugarcoat this, Knightrise burned me out pretty bad. Part 13 released in mid-March (whoo!), but I made the mistake of immediately starting a new short film. Spent nine days doing nothing but set building and filming, followed by several weeks of editing. At which point I realized: I’m not enjoying this. I need a break.
And so a break I took. Healthy for me, perhaps, but not for the channel. Trust me, I really really want to put out content for you guys. Stop motion is unfortunately time-consuming and so breaks really space content apart. I kept telling myself I’ll upload more videos by the end of the year, but at this point I think I’ll start up again in January.
Here’s what you have to look forward to in 2018:
- New channel trailer. With Knightrise complete, I think it’s time to update this. Who knows, maybe there will be hints to new content.
- New short video. Like I said, I’ve worked on this one a while. Pretty proud of most of it, but it still needs a lot of work. Will drop it when it’s ready.
- A whole lot of Filler Street. A lot of episodes are nearly ready to roll out, actually. There’s one problem: I originally wrote several female characters, but as I am the only one voice acting for this, that was a mistake. A few episodes (including 3, the next one) need to be reshot with male characters. Not a ton of work because these are so short; just something that needs to get done. My goal is to reestablish the two-videos-per-month plan I set for this year (oops) and Filler Street is the easiest way to do that. In the near future I will post a blog about Filler Street and why I am undertaking it.
I apologize again for my absence. Fear not, for Starstreak Media will return. I’ll post Knightrise Part 13 below for your viewing pleasure in case you haven’t seen it. Make sure you watch the rest of the film first, because otherwise this won’t make much sense.
Thanks for sticking with us, we really appreciate it. Until next time,
Hey all, mysteriouspi here! Today sees the start of monthly update posts on the site, which I intend to post on the second Friday of each month. Speaking of which…
Starstreak Media is adopting a new video upload schedule. Starting this month, a new video will be posted on the first and third Friday of each month. That’s up to 24 videos per year. Yikes! The last time I tried something like this was in 2014, with the goal of one video per month. Even that “meager” goal was unmet in the second half of the year. So what’s the difference now? How are we going to pull off twice that schedule successfully?
The difference is Filler Street. The new series will account for most of our content in 2017 and 2018, possibly longer if it continues to receive positive reception. If you aren’t aware, Filler Street is a semi-connected series of comedic shorts. While many episodes will stand alone on their own, there will be an overarching storyline. I intend to make a post dedicated to Filler Street in the future to further explain the purpose of the series.
Sometimes you will see Filler Street twice a month, but not always. For instance, when Knightrise Part 13 releases, it will release in place of a Filler Street episode.
Now for the obvious question, “when will Knightrise Part 13 release?” I’m working very hard to bring you a good finale instead of a rushed one, so I have no release date to give you. All I can say is “a first or third Friday in the near future.” It’s coming. For those of you who have enjoyed Knightrise thus far, it will be worth the wait.
We’re back, folks! Welcome to a newly-revamped starstreakmedia.com!
It’s been a while since the first iteration of the website was updated. And by “updated” I mean “existed.” We had problems with the webpage yielding pop-up ads when it was not supposed to and the site being taken down entirely at some point. Stuff my webmaster knew how to handle way better than I. After having no luck with restoration, we decided to restart from the ground-up.
I hope you find the new version of the site more user-friendly and accessible. And in a year from now, more consistently updated as well. I hope to put out at least a couple posts a month, be they updates about projects or more general discussion. Now to address a couple things several of you may be wondering about…
- Knightrise: Part 13 will be releasing very soon. I make progress on it in batches and spurts when I can. The end result will be worth the wait. Again, the finale is action-packed which means production takes longer than usual. Oh, and did I mention it’s over 15 minutes long?
- Filler Street: The first episode will release after the finale of Knightrise. The idea is to release new episodes on the first and third Friday of every month, except when other videos are launched in place of this. The first episode will likely be an exception to this rule.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned, because we have a heck of a year ahead of us. I appreciate your continued support and sincerely hope you enjoy our content in the years to come.